I am happy to write recommendation letters for students and/or lab members. The content of the letter will vary based on your class/lab involvement and may feature comments about your engagement, motivation, and skill sets.
If you would like me to write a letter, please complete the following steps:
- It is imperative that I have AT LEAST two weeks notice prior to a deadline. If at all possible, you should have all materials to me ONE MONTH before the first due date.
- Please provide the following information once I have agreed to write a letter:
- Where and to what are you applying (e.g., grad school, med school, summer internship, etc.)?
- When are the letters due?
- How do I submit the letters (e.g., email, mail, return to you, etc.)?
- How do I know you? Please be sure to list any and all work that you would like me to include in a letter. This includes any writing you have done in my class, or a summary of the projects you worked on (and your role) in the lab.
- Is there anything in particular you would like me to highlight in the letter? Can I comment on something uniquely?
- Please also be sure to include any other relevant application materials that may assist in letter writing (e.g., resume or CV, transcripts, application essays, etc.), as well as any materials I may need to submit the letter (e.g., stamped, addressed envelopes if the letter needs to be mailed).